Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Festiveness






Carving Pumpkins! This was the 1st Halloween that Tyler & I have had together where we decided to carve pumpkins. Reggie had so much fun! I was surprised that I couldn't get him to stick his hand inside of the pumpkins. He kept saying "yucky mommy." Reggie was trying to use his toy sword as a knife to carve the pumpkins, his exact words were "my knife." Tyler decided that pumpkins need ears and eyebrows too. The pumpkin carving was a success. Next year, we will wait until just a few days before Halloween. The pumpkins were pretty moldy and shriveled when the day actually came, I was pretty surprised since we did it the carving on the 20th, but now I know for next year. I also read somewhere that if you rub Vaseline on the carved edges, then it helps to keep the shriveling down.

No comments: